Thursday, September 24, 2009

Oh another day of reading.....

So reading isnt my favorite thing to do.. I'm still reading the stack of articles Diana gave me. I should take a picture of it so I can post it up on here to show its not an exaggeration. haha. It could be a lot worse, I'm sure. And its not THAT bad so I dont mean to sound like I'm complaining but reading the articles is probably my least favorite part of the internship, haha. But, I know it must be done, so I'm trying to get through them. They are interesting though.
One of the research studies was about how recent medical school graduates-so new doctors- are so excited to start their job as a doctor. It wrote a scenario story about how this new doctor promised himself he would always love being a doctor despite his older colleagues who have been in the profession much longer and were unsatisfied or hated their job or didn't have personal relationships with their patients etc etc. But then it goes talking about the hardships of being a doctor choosing your job over your family, the sometimes ridiculous hours, etc. This article was one in the Physician Satisfaction pile (kind of obvious though, I'm sure).
I'm pre-med and I've always been pre med and I still plan on going to med school and striving to be the best OB/GYN or pediatrician or general physician that I can be. After reading this article, I'll admit it makes me worry about the future and what it will be like for me when I am a doctor. I hope and pray that I will always love my job, but on top of that be the best wife and mother as well! I know I really shouldnt be worrying about any of this now because I'm still young and an undergrad so none of this will happen for quite sometime. But this article definitely got me thinking and planning! haha..
Well I didnt meet with Diana today. She was at the REACH Conference presenting her research she is doing with GCN. I wish I could have been there!! Dr. Heckert (the woman from University of Hawaii Med School) was presenting this day as well. It would have been nice if I could have went to support my preceptor and then to also show face at Dr. Heckert's presentation. But school started today and it's not a very good idea to miss class--especially when you're taking only upper division science courses, missing one day can totally mess you up.
I meet again with Diana tomorrow though... so goodbye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment